Availability: Call (888) 714-4938
Since its founding in 1883, Friedrich Air Conditioning Co. has had one manufacturing standard - quality without compromise. Over the years, the company's products have changed, but the commitment to quality has endured.
Today, the fundamental direction of Friedrich is to be the top manufacturer of specialty air treatment products for the worldwide market. Moving the company forward are dedicated employees who are committed to excellence and have a passion to succeed. Friedrich is a company that is respected for a high degree of integrity and professionalism, as well as being recognized as the best in the business. The Friedrich name is synonymous with quality... shaped by the spirit that launched this company over a century ago. Available at Designer Appliances.
Friedrich is known for manufacturing some of the world's most durable air conditioners. You won't believe some of the places you'll find them. Friedrich air conditioners are made from higher grade materials and components that delivery dependable operation for years. But don't take their word for it. Some of their customers are business that operate in harsh environments where equipment just has to work. Period. Oil companies rely on them to cool offshort oil rigs, and they can be found on military bases and in government offices all over the world. Friedrich air conditioners are in use at Northrop Grumman, Eastman Chemical and the Kennedy Space Center, just to name a few. If they can handle their jobs, just think how well they will perform in your home.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Sleeves are sold and shipped separately to accommodate new construction and replacement requirements. Available at Designer Appliances.
- Environmentally friendly R-410A refrigerant used in all models
- Commercial Grade Thru-the-wall Electric Heat models mount flush with exterior walls to create a sleek appearance and unobstructed window views.
- May be installed almost anywhere on a wall for optimal placement.
- Solid side chassis allows for installation into thicker walls than standard room air conditioners.
- Exact fit for Fedders A sleeves. Fits Fedders B sleeves with kit.
- The most Energy Efficient Solid-side Air Conditioner available
- MoneySaver setting saves energy by turning the fan on and off with the compressor
- The Smart Fan feature adjusts the fan speed to maintain the desired temperature
- Easy-to-clean filter
- 3 Speed Fan
- Auto memory backup
- Easy-to-reach top-mounted controls
- Sleeves sold and shipped separately
- Visit www.designerappliances.com
- WallMaster Heat Pump Heating Performance:
- Change-over from heat pump operation to resistance operation on models indicated is automatic at a preset outside ambient temperature of approximately 35 °F.
- Calculate the heat loss of the space to be heated.
- As long as the heat loss does not exceed the resistance heating capacity rating of the unit, the heating performance will be satisfactory.
- Note: all models will produce condensate. If condensate disposal is desired, an optional drain kit is available.
- Defrost Control:
- Initiated at 20 °F (outdoor coil temperature) and terminated at 43 °F (outdoor coil temperature).
- During defrost, the compressor stops and the electric heat starts, then operates with the fan to maintain indoor comfort.
- Below 43 °F, the unit remains in electric heat mode.
- During electric heat mode, the unit will achieve the following ratings: 11000/9100 BTU/h, 16.0/14.7 amps, and 3550/2950 watts.
- Defrost Drain:
- Drain automatically opens at approximately 50 °F to prevent condensate from freezing inside drain pan.