- Suction control via rotary dial with 6 variable power settings
- 1200-watt, high-output Miele-made Vortex Motor System
- Filter System (Included)
- AirClean Filter
- 4.76 quart, Type G/N, AirClean dustbag, with spring-loaded, self-sealing collar
- Canister Construction
- CleanAir System
- Included Floor Tools & Accessories
- Floor Tools
- SBD350-3 Classic Combination carpet/smooth floor tool
- Non-electric Hose
- Stainless steel, XXL telescopic wand
- Additional Accessories
- Dusting brush, upholstery tool and crevice nozzle on VarioClip
- Standard Features
- Impressive 29.5-foot operating radius
- Dustbag change indicator alerts you to replace the hygienic bag
- Quiet operation through better engineering
- Filter grill
- Safety shut-off on overheating
- Space-saving storage bracket on side of vacuum
- Optional Floor Tools & Accessories
- Floor Tools
- STB205-3 Turbobrush
- SBB300-3 Parquet Twister Floor Brush
- SBB-3 Parquet Floor Brush
- SBB400-3 Parquet Twister XL
- Recommended for: short-pile carpeting, area rugs and smooth flooring
Is the Miele Olympus the right vacuum for meE
This vacuum is designed for homes with mainly hard, smooth flooring surfaces and low pile area rugs. The floor tool easily switches position to move quickly from smooth floors to rugs with the flip of a foot switch and does not have rotating brushes that is typically required to groom deeper pile carpeting.
Miele Olympus S2121 Product Overview
The S2 series is perfect for our first-time Miele buyers. The S2 Olympus provides exceptional cleaning performance, road tested Miele quality, AirClean filtration, nimble handling and remarkably quiet operation at an outstanding value.
The Miele Olympus is engineered with an advanced an AirClean filtration system, one of the most advanced on the market. The 9-layer unique filtering dustbag has a large capacity and allows 25 percent longer usage compared to the previous generation. The bag is extremely tear-proof and allows hygienic handling and removal. A motor protection filter and active HEPA-filter(optional) complete the system.
Several convenient features are seamlessly integrated into the vacuum such as large foot switches, a 29-1/2 foot operating radius and an intuitive rotary power selector. The all new combination carpet / smooth floor tool was specifically designed for the S2 Series with a FiberteQ glass fiber-reinforced polymer base making it extremely lightweight and quiet. The transition from hard flooring to carpeting is particularly smooth and convenient. The S2 can easily handle the switch from hard floors and low and deep pile carpeting, to upholstery, cushions and even drapes.
Miele canister vacuums are built to last
Like all products from Miele, Miele canister vacuums are built to a rigorous 20-year life design model... a Miele unique quality standard. In practice, this means that the machine must withstand a 1,000-hour endurance test before production can begin. A number of other critical tests are performed including a threshold test, a cable rewind test and a free fall test to ensure the durability of the machine and its components. All Miele vacuum cleaners - every single one - are tested before leaving the factory to ensure perfection. This steadfast commitment to quality and ultimate customer satisfaction is truly Miele-unique. And Miele offers a 7-year motor warranty.
Warrany and Reliability
* The standard warranty period is 1 year for vacuum parts and labor, and 7 years for motor parts and labor for Miele machines.
* The two fan motor design means that it extends the life of the motor by reducing the wear on the ball bearings and motor brushes.
* Each vacuum has a heat sensor which comes on when there is a clog and therefore prevents the vacuum cleaner from overheating.
* All Miele canisters have a dust bag change indicator to let you when the bag is at full capacity and needs to be changed.
* The amount of testing that Miele does before they release their machines from the factory is without peer in the industry.