Miele entered the United States marketplace in 1984 with a clear and unwavering mission. That was to build the Miele brand as the preeminent, quality leader in household appliances one customer at a time. And that is exactly what they've been doing for 23 years. With a national network of elite sales and service dealerships working closely with them, Miele offers a full product assortment of appliances for the kitchen, laundry room-even the broom closet! Take a closer look. The long life of Miele appliances is legendary-there are some that are still going strong after 30 years. This is not by accident, it is by design. As a matter of fact, all Miele appliances must endure a 10,000 hour endurance test which equates to a life span of 20 years in order to proudly carry the family name and ever enter your home. The result of this commitment Miele has earned a global reputation as the quality leader.
At the very core of Miele's technical and production competencies are washing machines. Having more experience than almost any other appliance company on the planet, Miele has taken the washing machine in Europe, and around the world, to the highest level of durability, reliability and convenience while always remembering the product's potential impact on our cherished natural resources. With these factors in mind, Miele creates the ultimate fabric care system that cleans and protects clothing better than any other. Guaranteed. Get yours today at Designer Appliances.
- Vortex Motor
- A real power pack: the S5 motor is developed and produced in the Miele factories in Germany
- A 1200-watt powerful performance
- Optimal usage of power through the airflow
- The result: great cleaning performance with superior dust intake
- HEPA Filter
- The Active HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter not only captures and retains tiny, lung-damaging particles (including dust mite feces and pollen), it also uses the same Generally Activated Charcoal filter (GAC) that the Active Air Clean filter u
- This Miele filter conforms to the new stringent European standard for filtration (EN 1822) which means that it actually traps 99.99% of all particles as tiny as 0.3 of a micron
- Pre-Motor Filters
- The dust compartment filter should be changed when starting a new box of dustbags or if heavily soiled
- One pre-motor filter is included with every box of genuine Miele dustbags
- Sealed System
- For over 75 years, Miele's research, development and quality control laboratories have tested methods to effectively pick up and, most importantly, retain dust and other indoor air pollutants
- Engineers and designers continue to reach the firm conclusion that Miele's system is the most effective and hygienic method of removing particulate matter from the home
- The exclusive combination of a Sealed System using the very best raw materials, electrostatically charged IntensiveClean Plus dust/filter bag and a selection of high-quality filter cartridges, including the first certified HEPA filter, provide the essenti
- Electro Comfort for S5 Models
- This electrically-driven carpet tool with a 10 Â½"-wide brush roll with floating head and swivel neck design is ideal for low-pile and medium-pile carpet care
- Recommended for: Deep cleaning and restoring of crushed carpet nap on low- to medium-pile carpets with moderate densities
Miele canister vacuums are built to last
Like all products from Miele, Miele canister vacuums are built to a rigorous 20-year life design model... a Miele unique quality standard. In practice, this means that the machine must withstand a 1,000-hour endurance test before production can begin. A number of other critical tests are performed including a threshold test, a cable rewind test and a free fall test to ensure the durability of the machine and its components. All Miele vacuum cleaners - every single one - are tested before leaving the factory to ensure perfection. This steadfast commitment to quality and ultimate customer satisfaction is truly Miele-unique. And Miele offers a 7-year motor warranty.
Warrany and Reliability
* The standard warranty period is 1 year for vacuum parts and labor, and 7 years for motor parts and labor for Miele machines.
* The two fan motor design means that it extends the life of the motor by reducing the wear on the ball bearings and motor brushes.
* Each vacuum has a heat sensor which comes on when there is a clog and therefore prevents the vacuum cleaner from overheating.
* All Miele canisters have a dust bag change indicator to let you when the bag is at full capacity and needs to be changed.
* The amount of testing that Miele does before they release their machines from the factory is without peer in the industry.