- Brand: Miele
Need help finding a replacement?
- Call us at 888-714-4938
- Silent at 46 dB, Energy Star, Full Stainless Steel Interior, Fits in Standard Openings
- Large interior space to allows for 16 plate settings
- Cutlery Tray for Silverware comes standard on this product
- AutoSensor feature determines soil levels and adjust wash and dry time
- 5 Wash Programs, Including Short Option for Express Wash
- Superior Drying via Clean Air technology
More on the Miele Classic Series G 4228 SCU AM dishwasher
This model replaces its predecessor G4227 with no feature or technology changes. We believe Miele made the change while updating all model numbers during their EcoFlex push. G4228 incorporates the expected Miele quality and superior wash technology along with features found on higher priced models. You will like the convenience of cutlery tray (i.e. the 3rd rack for silverware) and short cycle for quick results.
Modern design without a towel bar front fits in any kitchen design
This Miele dishwasher features a recessed handle that blends seamlessly into any kitchen designs. The full control panel on the front of the dishwasher gives you easy access to each of the 5 wash cycles. Miele uses clean-touch stainless steel that resists fingerprints, scratches and smudges.
5 Wash Cycles
Miele keeps it simple and with the classic series. The control panel gives you easy access to the basic wash cycles:
- Pots & Pans for tough stains
- Normal for everyday loads
- SaniWash for sterilizing
- Rinse & Hold for a quick spray without detergent
- Express cycle which enables you to clean lightly soiled dishes in 30 minutes or less.
This is the question we get the most when it comes to these dishwashers. Futura Classic dishwashers, while they use pressure driven water spray technology (ie. spray arms not only spray water but they also adjust the pressure of the water based on soil levels and programming choices) are designed for residential use. Futura Classic Plus dishwashers however use industrial pumps. Not a feature that is visible to the user but this is the reason why we see a price difference between Classic and Classic Plus. Either way you can be rest assured that cleaning is superior in all Miele dishwashers.
Quiet 46 Decibel Sound Rating
Rated at 46 decibels, expect this dishwasher to be very quiet. While you'll see other manufacturer's claim to be quieter, Miele tests their dishwashers in real world conditions to provide the most accurate measurements.
Stainless Steel Tub
Inside, this dishwasher has a stainless steel tub. Stainless tub dishwashers are quieter than plastic tubs and are capable of washing at higher temperatures for better cleaning results. Miele also uses stainless steel for their wash spray arms for enhanced durability.
Built to Last
When you open a Miele dishwasher you can instantly feel the quality. The door is substantially built and the racks glide effortlessly. It's these little nuances that make a Miele dishwasher a joy to own. It's obvious Miele is committed to quality.
16 Place Settings Capacity
The classic series can hold 16 place settings at a time. The lower rack features taller side walls than any other dishwasher. These sides have special notches to keep delicate plates in place during the wash cycle to avoid damage. The lower rack also features folding tines to accommodate large pots and pans or bulky items. The upper rack has two folding shelves to accommodate mugs and small items such as ramekins.
To save space, rather than having a cutlery basket on the lower rack, Miele invented the 3rd rack cutlery tray. In additional to saving space, the 3rd rack makes it easy to arrange your silverware for easy unloading later on. You'll also have the peace of mind knowing your fine silverware is protected from scratches since each piece of flatware is individually separated. While others have mimicked Miele's 3rd rack design, Miele still offers the best cleaning results for silverware by utilizing a full length spray arm that reaches to the ends of the cutlery tray.
Enhanced CleanAir Drying
In addition to best in class wash performance, Miele has also mastered the drying process. Miele uses condensation drying, which relies on the hot temperature of the final wash cycle to encourage water to naturally evaporate. Unique to Miele, they also have a fan that circulates cool air along the outside of the dishwasher tub to enhance the condensation process even further.
The unit also includes a Rinseaid dispenser to help improve drying performance and reduce water spots.
Energy Star Rated
This Miele dishwasher is Energy Star rated which saves you energy and water.
- Pots & pans
- Rinse & hold
- Measures dirt particles inside the water and as a result temperatures, cycle times and water consumption are adjusted as a factor of the intensity of soiling.
- Comes with a height-adjustable upper basket, fixed row of spikes in the upper basket, MultiComfort zone in the lower basket and two rows of spikes in the lower basket.
- Air is disbursed through special channels around the exterior dishwasher cavity and allows the interior water particles to condense against the walls of the dishwasher.
- Automatically shuts off the water supply to the dishwasher in the event that a leak or blockage is detected.
- Energy Star Rated
Our experts are online to answer all your questionsLive Chat
Need a few things cleared up? Check out our Learning Center section.Appliance Reviews
Come find the answers to our questions and queries you haveAppliance Reviews