Sub-Zero BI-42UFDID/S/PH 42" French Door Refrigerator, Internal Dispenser - Stainless Steel, Pro Handles
- Brand: Sub-Zero
- Model #: BI42UFDIDSPH
Contact Us for Our Best Price
Sub-Zero does not allow us to show prices or transact online but contact us and we'd be happy to help
Call us: (888)714-4938or Submit an Online Price Request
Stainless With Pro Handle, Internal Water Dispenser
Price Match Guarantee
If you find a better price on any product at another authorized retailer, we will try to meet or beat that price.
- Complete competitor's price is subject to matching (including any taxes, shipping and handling charges).
- Competitor must be an authorized dealer (as listed by manufacturer)
- Product must be in-stock and be brand new merchandise.
- No other offers or discounts may apply to price match.
Expert install team Don't settle for poor delivery & installation
Have a Question?
Our appliance experts are here to help
- 24.7 cu. ft. Capacity
- Adjustable Shelving
- Dual Refrigeration
- Air Purification
- Sabbath Mode
- Star-K Certified
- Ice Maker with Max Ice Feature
Accessories 10 Item(s)
Frequently Bought Together 1 Item(s)
Complete Your Kitchen with Sub-Zero
About the Sub-Zero BI42UFDIDSPH42" Built-In Over-and-Under with French Door
The 42"-wide Sub-Zero over-and-under with French door is the latest addition to their extensive line of built-in refrigeration. Sub-Zero's pioneering technology - dual refrigeration, air purification and advanced microprocessor controls chief among them - keep fresh and frozen foods alike in ideal conditions, preserving their goodness longer.
Inside, the Sub-Zero BI-42UFD has the most interior capacity of any counter-depth French door model and features a full-width deli drawer that takes maximum advantage of the refrigerator's interior width. Overlay and stainless steel models are available, and a flush inset design installation option allows the unit to sit flush with surrounding cabinetry.
In the Beginning
In 1943, Westye F. Bakke built the first freestanding freezer in the basement of his Madison, WI. home. A businessman with a keen ability to anticipate post-World War II refrigeration trends, he founded Sub-Zero Freezer Company just two years later in an old two-car garage. From its modest beginnings, Sub-Zero has become what it is today: the recognized leading manufacturer of premium built-in home refrigerators. Available at Designer Appliances.
Since its founding, Sub-Zero has pioneered quality products that meet its customers needs. In the mid-1950s, for example, the company developed the built-in refrigerator - a unit that changed the future of kitchen design by fitting within surrounding counter and cabinet space. Over time, the company has refined its early concept and has brought to market a comprehensive line of built-in models, including the 200 Series of undercounter models, its award-winning 500 Series, the design-flexible 600 Series, the integrated 700 Series, and, most recently, the state-of-the-art 400 Series of wine storage.
For 60 years, Sub-Zero has offered innovative, aesthetically appealing and technologically advanced solutions to meet virtually any home refrigeration need. Through foresight and responsiveness, the company has earned its position as an industry leader - a position Sub-Zero intends to maintain well into the new millennium.
What do you want your kitchen to be Sub-Zero refrigerators, freezers and wine storage units are the definitive kitchen components. Made by hand. Tested to the nth degree. With innovative dual refrigeration. Built to the same exacting standards, Wolf cooking instruments help give the fullest expression to your love of good food and the pleasure of preparing it. Wolf fuels your passion for cooking.
- Each built-in combination unit comes with separate cooling systems for the refrigerator and freezer.
- Fresh food stays fresher in cool, moist air on one side, while frigid, dry air prevents frost and freezer burn on the other.
- Provides optimum preservation conditions for each type of food.
Maximum Capacity In A 42" Built-In French Door Model
- The Sub-Zero 42" over-and-under with French door provides nearly 25 cubic feet of combined refrigerator and freezer capacity.
- That's more usable space than any built-in French door model.
- With a refrigerator that's 12% roomier than a Sub-Zero 42" side-by-side model, too.
Excellent Design Flexibility
- Sub-Zero's built-in refrigeration models can be outfitted with stainless-steel panels or custom cabinetry panels.
- And may be installed flush with surrounding cabinetry for a more integrated look.
- Handle and grille styles are also customizable.
Air Purification System
- Many fresh foods emit ethylene gas, a natural compound that hastens spoilage.
- Sub-Zero's built-in refrigerators come with an anti-microbial air-purification system (based on technology developed by NASA).
- It scrubs the air of ethylene, as well as mold, viruses and bacteria every 20 minutes.
Water Filtration System
- This low-maintenance system reduces suspended particles and chemical pollutants and filters out chlorine taste and odors in water used for ice production.
- The filter lasts for 1 year or 750 gallons, and replacement is fast and easy.
Bright Interior Lighting
- Evenly distributed interior lighting - powered by specially designed 40-watt appliance bulbs in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Illuminates food on shelves and in storage drawers when unit doors are open.
Low-Temperature/High-Humidity Storage Zones
- Crispers and deli drawers are strategically located near the evaporator.
- Maintain temperatures a few degrees cooler than the rest of the unit.
- Drawers are sealed to lock in humidity and freshness.
Informational Freshness Cards
- Different foods require different storage procedures.
- That's why, located inside each built-in refrigerator unit, specially designed freshness cards provide easy-to-follow tips.
- Ensures maximum food preservation.
Ice Making Features
- An automatic icemaker provides crescent-shaped ice cubes.
- Includes a "max ice" feature capable of increasing purified ice production by up to 40 percent for a 24-hour period.
Six Adjustable Refrigerator Shelves
- The 42" over-and-under with French door is the only Sub-Zero with refrigerator shelving that is split into two columns for maximum flexibility.
- Line up two half-shelves to form a full-width shelf, or stagger their positions to customize storage for tall or short items.
Nano-Coated Spill-Proof Shelving
- A microthin layer of coating applied to the sides of each modular shelf prevents spills from spreading - making cleanup a breeze.
Full-Width Deli Compartment
- A soft-close deli drawer that spans the width of the refrigerator's interior provides ample room for packages and trays of meats, cheeses and more.
- Plastic dividers can be arranged for extra organization, or removed altogether.
- Available at Designer Appliances.
- www.Designer Appliances.com
Approved for Commercial Use
Approved for Medical Use
Approved for Outdoor Use
Energy Star Rated
Dimensions and Weights
Accepts Custom Panels
Wine Racks (Category)
Door Hinge Covers/Hidden Hinges
Double Freezer Drawers
6; Adjustable Glass
1 with Dividers
6; 4 Adjustable, 2 Fixed
18.3 Cu. Ft.
Digital Temperature Control
Hot Water Dispenser
Sparkling Water Dispenser
Secondary Ice Maker
6.4 Cu. Ft.
24.7 Cu. Ft.
18.3 Cu. Ft.
6.4 Cu. Ft.
24.7 Cu. Ft.
Humidity Controlled Crispers
Spill Safe Shelves
No. of Door Bins
Adjustable Door Bins
Gallon Door Storage
No. of Shelves
Stainless Steel Shelves
Type of Shelves
26 3/16 Inch
Depth without Door and Handles
23 7/8 Inch
Depth without Handles
26 3/16 Inch
Depth with Door at 90°
46 1/8 Inch
Our experts are online to answer all your questionsLive Chat
Need a few things cleared up? Check out our Learning Center section.Appliance Reviews
Questions & Answers
Come find the answers to our questions and queries you haveAppliance Reviews